Fan vs Fan

Friday, August 12, 2011

Giving Back

I've sat on this post for a day now, not really knowing how to write it or what to say. But here goes.

Yesterday I did something that was inspiring and uplifting on a level that I can't describe. I had a chance to visit a pediatric oncology wing of a hospital and do a little entertaining for some kids who deserve it. These kids, mostly between the ages of 7-10, are by far the toughest, bravest souls I have ever met. They show no fear in what it is they do. In a world with a lot of negatives going on, it was nice to see that somewhere, good things still happen.

Most of these kids won't see the age of 12, but stuff like that won't stop me. I'm going to try to make this a regular thing, go back every so often to help them out.

Anyway, I'm not gonna push for a "will donate this much to charity if..." because I already gave a flat amount to a cancer research charity at the end of my day there yesterday. Rather, I challenge you to: do something nice for someone who needs it. It doesn't have to be big, just smile to someone who looks upset or let someone go ahead of you in line at a store or something. Doing things like that, can improve the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment