Fan vs Fan

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tales From A Pre-season Nothing

Hello Glove -

Long time no talk, eh? Guess what - we're starting tonight. No really, someone thought it would be a good idea to let us start. Third pre-season game of the season in London, Ontario. At least he has most of the regulars on defense to help me out - Timonen, Coburn, Carle, Meszaros - could be worse.

I'm not really sure what this means for me - they have Ilya Bryzgalov and Sergei Bobrovsky - the two goalies they are more than likely going with for the season. Of course there is a logjam for Adirondack with me, Johan Backlund and this Jason Bacashihua guy. Not sure why they signed Bacashilhua. Now the three of us have to battle it out for those two spots. Maybe Backs will head over to Europe - one can only hope.

The way I see it - tonight I have to be good. Of course, it's hard to have something to compare to - Bob gets a shutout in his first start (first time a Flyers goalie has done that since yours truly in May 2010 - I'm sure you remember). Then Bryz gives up 3, but you can't really blame him for all of them. Don't know if I can match Bob's shutout, though that sure would be nice. At this point, I'll settle for keeping it out of the five-hole.

Anyway, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before it's back to the waiver wire once again - then off to Adirondack. At least they love me up there. Nice to be wanted. Sigh. Another season riding the bus. And I might not even be the best guy down there because that Braden Holtby guy got stuck down there another season - just like me.

Wait, where was I - oh right - starting tonight. Legs closed. Don't f*ck up.

Positive Thoughts and Nervous Smiles,

Leights

No comments:

Post a Comment