Fan vs Fan

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tales from a Waiver Wire Nothing

Dear Glove -

Well, here we are again, back on the waiver wire. It's not really a surprise - this is where we expected to be - and there was nothing we could do. Such is life. I think we played well the one chance we got, but it wasn't going to make a difference. Just wasn't in the cards for us. So now we sit and wait. Wait to see what happens.

Part of me hopes we get claimed - San Jose and Florida could both use a rent-a-goalie. But that means that once the rent-a-goalie time is up, we'd probably be back on the waiver wire. I'm not really sure I'd like a repeat of 2006-2007. Then again - you never know - I could play my way onto one of those teams like Manny Legace did to me in 2009. Hmmmm.

Option number 2 - get sent to Adirondack and try to be king of the AHL again. Of course there's a logjam of goalies down there, too. Backlund and Bacashihua. Who knows what the plan is down there. The team looks better, so that's a plus. I could rack up my shutouts and claim the all-time shutout record in the AHL. I might even make the All Star team. Feel like I'm needed. That would be nice.

Option number 3 - I get loaned to Europe. Not sure how I feel about that. Was ready to do that in 2009 when the Flyers claimed me. We all know how that turned out. Pretty darn well all things considered. So maybe I can hope for that - just fall into some random luck again.

Whatever happens, I'm still getting paid - and paid well. That's a good thing. Don't know where my next contract might come from - if at all.

So for now - I guess the waiting is the hardest part.

Tick Tock Tick Tock,

Leights

No comments:

Post a Comment