- You have a player who scores with the stick in his pants instead of the stick in his hands.
- Your team plays in the Central Division.
- You have Swedish twins on your top line.
- Last season, your team had both a lottery pick and a playoff appearance.
- Your team acquired Gregory Campbell
- The opposing GMs in your division are named: Sather, Snow and Crazy Lou.
- Your GM is a Jedi.
- Your starting lineup is so scary, goalies have literally fainted from the amount of talent on your top line.
- Daniel Alfredsson has guaranteed your team will fall short of the playoffs.
- The Florida Panthers have invited fans of your team to their home games.
- You have a gold medal winning goalie from 2010 in net.
- You are an NHL team that doesn't play home games in Alberta, Canada.
- Gary Bettman has a man crush on your team's captain.
- Your top line has a player whose BAC is higher than his jersey number.
- Your team employs a goalie who stopped the 2 best offenses in the playoffs last year.
- Your team's goalie is the new rookie goalie sensation. (warning: may not work next year.)
- Your goalie will take your team to the playoffs because the alternative is paying for golfing lessons and he hates paying for anything.
- Your team is so stacked at forward, they can afford to trade a #2 overall draft pick from a few seasons ago for 'future considerations' and actually gain depth.
- Well, hey, Joe Thornton can't suck every year now, can he?
- Your team has $19M player who can't take a penalty shot instead of a $100M player unable to take a penalty shot.
- You're team wasn't mentioned on yesterday's list.
- There are no Sutter's making decisions in your organization.
- Your team failed to land Ilya Kovalchuk.
- Your old former Vezina winning goalie got so fat, he now takes up the whole net to the point that nothing gets by him.
- You don't play in Canada.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
25% Through the Season with 25 Reasons Why Your Team Could Win It All
So, since we're a quarter of the way through the season, it's probably a good idea to let you know the 25 reasons why your team could make the playoffs. Like last time, I'm pretty sure we're only gonna be about 25% accurate, but oh well.