Fan vs Fan

Monday, March 21, 2011

Tales from an Adirondack Nothing: Week 11

Hello My Glove -

Eleven weeks. Can you really believe we've been here 11 weeks? Geesh. Time flies when you're miserable. Okay, so I'm not totally miserable. I had to make the best of a bad situation and I guess it's working out okay. I'm finally playing well, the guys like me, the fans like me - life could be better, but this works for now (if I just forget the Adirondack world).

Only two games this week and I got to play in both of them. Wednesday we played Binghamton - beat them 5-2. I even had an assist. That was a nice little touch to add to the day. I was first star of the game. Always nice to be part of that.

Saturday was up in Toronto against the Marlies. Stopped 38 of 39 shots (31 of those in the first two periods!). Had a shutout going into the third, but just couldn't hold on. No matter, we got the win. I was only second star of the game - hardly seems fair since I was one of the only reasons we were able to win that game in the first place. (No, I'm not exaggerating.) The fans did cheer for me at one point because I freed a puck from the netting to give to the fans. Have to play up my audience - I'm just thankful someone was there to watch the game.

Heading south to play the old teammates (Charlotte Checkers, who used to be the Albany River Rats) and at one of my old stomping grounds (Norfolk, once affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks). Just in time if you ask me - it snowed. I figure coach has to play Backlund eventually, but I've won three in a row and only let up three goals in those games. Why mess with a good thing?

Hugs & Memories,

Leights

No comments:

Post a Comment