Fan vs Fan

Monday, March 14, 2011

Tales from an Adirondack Nothing: Weeks 9 and 10

Hello Glove -

I know, I've been slacking. Just haven't felt like I had much to say, at least not last week. Let up five goals against the Albany Devils. Not all my fault, but there are at least two I would very much like back. Not good. I mean really, not good. Needless to say, I spent the next day on the bench. It's okay though, this little girl saw my mask on the ground and wanted to hold it. Security let her and then I came out of the locker room for a picture. Adorable. Really.

Played Albany again this week, but I was still parked on the bench. Couple of fights I was really eager to get in to - at one point, Kalinski was just taking a pounding and I pushed the security guard aside to bang on the glass to tell the refs to break it up (1:30 in). I mean really, isn't that their job, not mine? Sometimes I really feel like I have clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right. Seriously.

Saturday I got to play Hershey. You would think we could beat them since that Holtby guy is up lighting it up in the NHL (so jealous), but no. Lost 3-2 in OT. I think I did okay, but not great.

Good news though - Sunday - ah Sunday - my redemption. Stood on my head. Stopped all 28 shots I faced and notched my third shutout of the year, 32 all-time in the AHL. Meanwhile, Bob and Boosh - still nada. I know it's not much, but it's all I got, so I go with it.

Hugs & Boredom,

Leights

No comments:

Post a Comment