Fan vs Fan

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tales from an Adirondack Nothing: Week Eight

Hello Glove -

Last we spoke, I was confessing my embarrassing moment with Derian Hatcher. Well, things got worse, but then they got better. Let me explain.

Friday, the Wall Street Journal ran an article about "Where the NHL Stashes its Mistakes." Guess who was the lead in that story? Yup, you guessed it. Me. Worse, it mentioned how fans came to the Civic Center for Girl Scout night - not me. How pathetic is that? Sigh.

Okay, so now that we got the bad stuff out of the way - on to the good stuff. Three games this weekend. Johan got the start on Friday - not good. Not sure what coach was thinking - it was against Hamilton, Montreal's AHL affiliate. Um, hello coach - I own Montreal. Nuff said. I got the starts on Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday I stopped 38 of 39 shots - then went on to stop five of six players in a shootout to seal the victory for the Phantoms. I admit, I got a bit overexcited when you caught that last shootout shot. Celebrated a bit much, and then hit the puck to center ice with my stick like I was playing stick ball. All that, and I was still only second star of the game. Afterward, they auctioned off our game worn jerseys. I was still excited, so I threw in my stick as part of the auction with my jersey - why not? Went for $700. Guess those Girl Scouts have a lot of money from cookie sales.

Sunday, stopped 25 of 27. Got first star of the game in a 5-2 win. Thunderous applause from the crowd. It was awesome. Surprised they still wanted to cheer for me after I got a four-minute double minor for high sticking. Yeah, how does a goalie do that - and then to draw blood, too - what are the odds? Good grief.

Anyway, I feel pretty good about the weekend. Hoping things keep going well. Like it much better than moping.

Hugs and Overexcited Reactions,

Leights

No comments:

Post a Comment