Yes, you read right. The Number 35 has been coming up quite a bit for the Flyers this year. Just to prove it here are the 35 coincidences involving the number 35 this year for the Flyers.
1. Flyers top 2 centers Jeff Carter, 17 and Mike Richards, 18 have numbers that add up to 35
2. Jeff Carter was taken 11th overall in the NHL draft, Richards, 24th overall, 11+24=35
3. Sebastian Caron and Jeremy Duchesne both wore #35 at times this year, 2 different players both dressing with #35
4. The Flyers came back from being down 3-0 in a series to win it, the last time that happened, 35 years earlier in 1975
5. The Flyers last Stanley Cup win was in 1975, see 35 years ago yet again.
6. Flyers season team MVP was Chris Pronger, he's 35 years old
7. The Flyers top D-pairing on the PP unit is Chris Pronger and Kimmo Timonen, both are 35
8. In November, 2009 Ian Laperriere took 105 stitches to the face after being hit by a puck, 35x3=105
9. In April, 2010, Ian Laperriere needed 70 stitches to close up yet another shot block wound, 35x2=70
10. Flyers top rookie James van Riemsdyk finished the regular season with 35 points
11. When Mike Leighton relieved Brian Boucher due to Bouch's injury against Boston, Leighton played 35 minutes
12. So far in the playoffs, Mike Richards, the top scoring forward has 21pts and Chris Pronger, the top scoring D-man has 14pts, 21+14=35
13. In 17 games to get to the Finals, the Flyers have allowed 35 goals.
14. Lord Stanley's Cup weighs 35 lbs.
15. The Flyers own the NHL record for consecutive games without a loss, 35 games in 1980.
16. The Flyers lost 35 regular season games this season.
17. The Flyers dressed 35 different combinations of forwards during the regular season.
18. The Flyers dressed 35 different players this season, 28 skaters, 7 goalies.
19. So far in the playoffs, the Flyers have only 3 players with 10+ assists, Richards, 15, Pronger, 10, Carle 10, 15+10+10=35
20. So far Mike Leighton has faced 210 shots in net, 35x6=210
21. Ville Leino's line since coming in for the injured Jeff Carter:
13GP 12P +4 6PIMS 13+12+4+6=35
22. Simon Gagne, the longest tenured Flyer, has 35 shots on goal so far this postseason
23. The Flyers got 35 regular season goals from the Defense position, 32 by D-man, 3 PPGs by Richards in a defenseman's spot on the powerplay
24. Michael Leighton has played 35 [Regular season and playoffs] games for the Flyers since being claimed on Waivers in December.
25. Michael Leighton debuted this season in Flyers game #35
26. 35 is a multiple of 7: Ian Laperriere, 14, JvR, 21 Claude Giroux 28, Jared Ross 42, Ryan Parent 77 all are skaters who wear numbers that are multiples of 7, there are 5 of them, 7x5=35
27. Mike Richards won the Toyota Cup for the Flyers, he had 35 first place points in that.
28. In getting the Flyers to the cup, maligned forward Scott Hartnell had 3 goals and 5 assists, 3/5.....35
29. Hartnell also had 20 shots and 15PIMs 20+15=35
30. 35 is also a multiple of 5: Coburn 5, Nodl 15, Pronger 20, Carle 25, Backlund 30, Duchesne 35 Asham, 45 are all on the playoff roster, 7 players with a multiple of 5 on their number. 5x7=35
31. Lukas Krajicek finished the season with 35 PIMs
32. Chris Pronger/Kimmo Timonen both take 35 shifts a game
33. Matt Carle was voted the most improved Flyer on the team, he had 35pts this season
34. In the finals, Ville Leino 22, will replace Dan Carcillo 13, on the top line, 22+13=35
35. There are 35 facts on this list.