Real simple idea behind this post. It's some reasons why losing game 1 was not the end of the world for the Flyers. I don't intend to have any wit or sarcasm in this post, but hey, things happen and maybe something funny will pop up.
1. After being out of it for 8 days the Flyers showed a lot of rust early on, that should come off as the series goes on.
2. The Flyers proved that Rask is beatable. Rask isn't as inhuman as some make him out to be, in related news, the guy who drafted this guy is a genius. (whoops, I meant JFJ is a moron for trading him.)
3. Dan Carcillo can stay in control of himself and play solidly.
4. The Powe/Betts/Nodl line has a lot of potential as checkers.
Things that the Flyers need to win:
1. Brian Boucher needs to not dip into one of his cold streaks.
2. The Flyers need to win faceoffs
3. The Flyers need to keep traffic in front of Rask
4. While I don't wish injuries on anyone, the Flyers need to take advantage of the lack of Sobotka, and Sturm and get to Boston in Game 2.
5. Richards/Pronger need to rally the troops and keep the team unified.
6. Danny Briere needs to be more responsible in the defensive zone, I'm not asking for Selke award winning stuff, but he needs to be in the right place at the right time.