Fan vs Fan

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

DGS-Special Investigation Series: How Eklund Works

We all wonder how Eklund comes up with crazy trade rumors that never seem to happen. Needless to say, I figured I had to get some of what he was smoking his unique inspiration. Anyway, I was playing NHL 10 the other day again, and the offseason came around, and I started making trades...needless to say some of these trades reminded me of Eklund, here are the examples.



Draft Day 2010:

To PHL: Dustin Byfuglien and Duncan Keith
To CHI: Ryan Parent and Danny Briere


To PHL: Evgeni Nabokov
To SJS: Kimmo Timonen and Brian Boucher

To MTL: James van Riemsdyk, Nabokov and Braydon Coburn
To PHL: Halak, 3rd, 5th round draft picks


Free Agency Notables

Ilya Kovalchuk: signs with SJS 5 years, 8 cap hit

Patrick Marleau: signs with Dallas 6 years, 6 cap hit

Marty Turco: signs with SJS 3 years, 3.5 cap hit

Martin Biron: stays with NYI 2 years 2 cap hit

Antero Niitymaki: stays with TBL 3 years 3.2 cap hit

Toni Lydman: signs with PHL: 2 years, 2.6 cap hit

Arron Asham: stays with PHL: 2 years 1.1 cap hit

Rob Blake: signs with PHL: 1yr 2 cap hit

Leighton: stays with PHL: 3 yrs 900k cap hit

Flyers opening night roster

Gagne-Richards-Byfuglien
Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Carcillo-Powe-Asham
Leino-Betts-Laperriere

Pronger-Carle
Lydman-Keith
Bartulis-Blake

Halak-Leighton

Scratches: Patrick Maroon, Jay McKee (Waiver claimed from Penguins), Johan Backlund

the Cap was 62 million, I had 340K in space

SO yeah notable trades I made with the Flyers during the season


November 2010

To TBL: Scott Hartnell, Oskars Bartulis and Jeff Carter
To PHL: Steven Stamkos, Martin St. Louis and Vinny Lecavalier

To EDM: 1st round draft pick
To PHL: Braydon Coburn


Trade Deadline 2011


To LAK: Johan Backlund and Dan Carcillo
To PHL: Alex Frolov and Erik Ersberg


other trades I happened to see that made me LOL

To Van: Colton Orr
To Tor: Kyle Wellwood

To DET: Paul Martin, 1st Round draft pick
To NJD: Nick Lidstrom

To WSH: Sidney Crosby
To PIT: Alex Ovechkin

To WSH: Zdeno Chara
To BOS: Mike Green

To WSH: Tomas Vokoun
To FLA: Jose Theodore

To EDM: Sean Avery
To NYR: Fernando Pisani



Anyway: it hit me, Eklund sits with an XBOX all day playing the NHL video games, and the trade rumors he comes up with involve seeing if the video game will make them. After that we see that, well, Eklund's just giving us the AI version of things. Now back to reality and regularly scheduled programming.



4 comments:

  1. DGS,

    Great post on NHL expansion. Crappy post on Eklund. Next time dude, don't rush into doing another post after you hit a homerun on one. Come on man, you're better than this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell is wrong with you? These trades didn't happen. I Google searched all of them and they never happened. Why are you spreading false information? You need to learn your facts because I've been following hockey for 15 years now and I have never seen someone make up this much false information before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Crosby/Ovechkin trade made me laugh. :)

    I wish I had PS or Xbox now, because I want BOTH NHL 11's. At least I have a Wii so I can get NHL2k11!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marleau would never sign with Dallas for that deal. If it weren't for Brad Richards, $6 million wouldn't even exist. In fact, it still doesn't exist. It's either $5 million is a max contract, or if you trade for a player the upper limit is "an overpayment of a 'fuckton.'"

    ReplyDelete