The current Bolts line up features two Flyers rejects.
Let's see, when looking at future talent, the Bolts top agitator is Steve Downie, a guy who's so undisciplined and off the wall that even the Flyers wouldn't even keep him.
The blue line has former Flyer Randy Jones anchoring it's third pair, a guy so bad he lost his job to Ryan Parent/Oskars Bartulis.
Then I realized something, this Bolts/Flyers connection has gone back to the mid 90s.
The historical examples
- When the Legion of Doom failed, Mikael Renberg was sent down to the Bolts in favor of Chris Gratton
- When Gratton didn't help, he was sent down to give Renberg a 2nd chance
- Sean Burke made his way to the Flyers a couple times in his career, he too spent time with the Bolts when he lost his A-game
- Vinny Prospal got shipped between the Flyers/Bolts quite a few times.
- After Antero Niitymaki sucked for the Flyers, he was sent down to the Bolts.
- When Steve Eminger couldn't hack it in Philly, he was traded with Downie for Matt Carle
- Simon Gagne and Randy Jones now join those ranks.
As for the future, I've obtained some exclusive pictures of the future of these franchises.
Being sent down to the Bolts:
Being Called up to the Orange and Black
Ok, I shall wake up now and stop dreaming. (DTV, you can stop crying now this was work of fiction, please don't sue me)