Fan vs Fan

Friday, October 1, 2010

The Blogging Psychologist: Case Study #1: Chris Pronger

Well, as mentioned in an earlier post, DGS is a student of the art of psychology. Now with my nasty case of writer's block over the last few days, I've been trying to find something to write about, and it finally hit me, why not use my knowledge of psychology to develop profiles on NHL personalities. Depending on the success of this post, I might keep doing it, or this could be a one off. (Warning: DGS reserves to the right to just forget that this existed and write other stuff as well.)

You think Lauren was the only one
who wanted out of Edmonton?



With that being said, I've picked one of my hometown boys to be my first victim target patient person to study.
The lucky winner is: Flyers Defenseman Chris Pronger

Be mindful of the fact that I am evaluating Chris Pronger's actions on the ice/during interviews as basis for these observations, so I could totally be wrong about Chris Pronger the human being. (As for Lauren Pronger, that's another post for another time.)


Kleptomania: A lot of people think that Pronger's love of swiping pucks during the Finals may have been caused by kleptomaniac urges; but that's not all that kleptomania is. See if he was a suffering from this disorder he'd be stealing everything. Goalies water bottles, stick tape, Rick DiPietro's MRI results, Brian Gionta, and Kerry Fraser's hair.


Narcissistic Personality Disorder:  Chris loves attention. Narcissists love attention. Chris talks down to everyone (see Gibberish comments, anything involving Adam Burish during the Finals). Chris gets jealous of other people's success and retaliates by elbowing their skulls off. Chris considers himself to be the best in the world at what he does. Chris is awesome. Chris is the NHL's apex predator, coiled like a viper, ready to strike when the moment is right. Yeah, Chris Pronger is NPD alright.

I have that hardware, and
I love myself













With that, I have finished my ideas on Pronger. Coming up later, Sean Avery, Daniel Carcillo, Alex Burrows and Stephane Auger.

Please feel free to request any profiles as well.

2 comments:

  1. I'm planning on going into psychology myself!
    I really like this idea. I think you should keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a nice concept.

    anyway, players i'd love to see in this: Ron Hextall, Patrick Roy, Matt Cookie, Kyle Wellwood, Darcy Verot & Claude Lemieux

    ReplyDelete