Fan vs Fan

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tales from an Adirondack Nothing: Week 2

January 16, 2011

Dearest Glove -

What fresh hell is this? No, seriously. What fresh hell is this? It was -6 degrees on Friday night. On top of that, the boys decided to only show up for the final 20 minutes of the game - again. And I even worked extra hard to make sure no goals went in through the 5-hole (though I did let in 2 - but they really weren't my fault, I swear). Would it kill them to play a little defense now and then? Of course I get that a lot of them are just kids, so that's why I let them all exit the ice first after the loss and gave them all encouraging pats on the back. Kids need encouragement.
But glove, you were totally awesome on Friday, so props to you. You're the reason we were 3rd star of the game.

Saturday I got to start again. (Did I mention the freaking blizzard that came down in Glens Falls on Saturday?) Been a while since I played two games in one week, let alone two nights. I think I was a wee bit slow in the first period. The offense really had a lot of jump; the defense, not so much. I let in three goals - two weren't really my fault, but goal number two, you really failed me glove. Don't know where you were - we should have had that shot easy. No 5-hole again, though that Tangradi guy really did me a favor by not tucking it in my wide open legs when he had a clear shot. I'll have to send him a fruit basket or something. We lost - I know, shocker.

Sunday I got the day off. They finally scored some goals - 5 of them - and won. Go figure they win for Johan.

Next game is at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly. I wonder if I'm starting - cause that won't be weird. Finally starting at home in Philly - as an AHL goalie. One more time - what fresh hell is this?

Okay, time to go lay in bed and stare at the ceiling - I mean really, what else is there to do here?

Hugs & Tears,

Leights

No comments:

Post a Comment