I think the title says it all. The question of course is, "Is being down 2-0 the nail in the coffin?" The answer is "it might be, it could very well be, but as the Flyers proved against the Bruins, it ain't over until the last game is played"
The Flyers have the talent to come back, they have the tools and Lavi has shown he's can rally the troops with the right timeouts and at the right times.
Is a change in goal the answer?
Maybe, just maybe the team can be sparked by Boucher in net, stranger things have happened, see Flyers 2009-2010 season.
Now, before I bow out into a pit of despair and depression from being down 2-0 and the fact that I'm still single...I do have some humor for today. A bunch of possible situations that are worse than what the Flyers are in right now...
1. They could have finished in last place and not had a draft pick to show for it...luckily that award went to the Toronto Maple Leafs
2. They could have had a season characterized by horrible goaltending and drama caused by changing Captains midseason....that honor went to the Carolina Hurricanes
3. They could have no idea where there home games are being played next year due to the impending sale of their team to an unknown buyer....that winner of that prize, the Phoenix Coyotes
4. They could tease us every year with a team that looks stacked and owns everything in sight during the regular season only to choke horribly in the playoffs...I'm looking at you San Jose
5. They could play in a city that riots after every single win...Est cette vraie, Montréal?
Also, when it comes to the players:
Mike Leighton and Brian Boucher COULD be Robert Esche and Roman Cechmanek or Martin Biron and Antero Niittymaki, of course, the way injuries went this season, there were 50/50 odds of us entering this series with Backlund/Duchesne in net...
Chris Pronger COULD be Randy Jones
Playoff Briere COULD be Not-Playoff Briere
Mike Richards COULD be NOT BOBBY CLARKE 2010
Simon Gagne COULD be Eric Lindros 2.0
Anyway, hopefully something turns around for the Flyers back in this city...